A disk space analyzer is a program used to analyze your disk space usage and show you the actual size of every file and folder on this disk. Through a disk space analyzer, you cannot not only have an overall control of your disk usage and also can quickly find out some big and useless file/folder to keep its high performance. Hence, in this regard, it can be also a good disk space manager.
So, do you need a disk space analyzer? Are you looking for an efficient disk space analyzer?
Don’t worry! You come to the right place. Read the following article! You will know 5 best free disk space analyzers for you to manage your computer disks perfectly.
SpaceSniffer is a free and easy-to-use disk space analyzer from Uderzo Software. It features for its Treemap visualization layout that can let you have a clear perception of your disk usage quickly and intuitively. Based on some different file/folder names, sizes or other properties, you can also specially focus on some interested files and folders. With its user-friendly functions, you even can set the different colors of different file types as you wish.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- Its Treemap visualization layout is really intuitive and efficient.
- With different filtered elements (such as file/folder name, size or age, etc), you can specially view your interested files and folders.
- It requires no installation for its portability.
- It also offers a real-time monitoring.
- It also allows you to allocate different file types with your wanted colors.
- The result cannot be exported into any format of files.
WinDirStat is a free and outstanding disk space analyzer for your Windows. As a disk usage statistics viewer, it can read your whole directory tree once and presents it in three useful views: the directory list, the treemap and the extension list. As a cleanup tool, it can also help find and remove some big and unneeded files/folders quickly.
- It shows you three useful views of your whole directory tree.
- It supports multiple language services, such as Czech, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian and Estonian, etc.
- It also can be used as a great cleanup tool.
Top3. Free Disk Usage Analyzer
Free Disk Usage Analyzer is a free and powerful disk space analyzer that can help manage your disk space and find your largest file quickly. Differently from treemap layout, its Windows Explorer-like folder layout also makes it easy for you to grasp. In addition, it also runs well on all Windows version.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- It has a really user-friendly interface.
- It applies a Windows Explorer-like folder layout so that it cannot be strange for you, a beginner or an experienced one.
- It supports finding folders/files according to different properties, such as name, size…
- It also runs well on all Windows versions.
- It also allows you to export the result to a HTML, XML, and Excel, etc.
GetFoldersize is a free and reliable disk space analyzer that can show you which folder/file is eating up your disk space and help determine which folder or sub-folder to take up the disk space. With this freeware, except computer disks/drives, you can also scan DVDs/CDs and other storage devices and know their space usage state. With this freeware, you also can save the folder tree and information into a text file for further use.
With this freeware, you can even scan your folder from the Windows explorer context menu.
- It is free for both of commercial and personal use.
- It is simple to install and use.
- It can scan your disks, DVDs/CDs and other storage devices quickly.
- It is embedded with Windows Explorer.
- It can save the scanning information into a text file.
- It also allows you to print out the folder tree.
Top5. TreeSize Free
TreeSize Free is also a free and portable disk space analyzer that can tell you how your disk files and folders are allocated. By using TreeSize Free, you can expand your disk folder in Windows Explorer-like fashion and drill all results to the file level. It also supports usual drag and drop operations. It also can be started from the context menu of a folder or drive and shows you the size of this folder, including its subfolders.
- It is free and portable for you to use.
- It can show your disk folder in Windows Explorer-like fashion.
- It offers a very fast folder scanning.
- It also offers a professional version for some experienced persons.
- The professional version needs to be paid.